OUR APPROACH is to provide a holistic arts experience that engages the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual person.
WHAT IS HOLISM?
Stimulating and bringing awareness to the intellectual, physical, spiritual and emotional self brings an individual closer to achieving healthy internal balance.
This practice relieves stress, builds resiliency and enhances self-efficacy.
So what does that look like? A workshop may include
The Color Expression P.E.A.C.E. T.I.M.E. curriculum is an acronym summarizing our holistic approach:
• Perception (viewing the world)
• Expression (using self-confidence)
• Adaptation (applying lessons to life)
• Creativity (thinking outside the box)
• Exchange (communicating ideas)
•Thinking (philosophy and problem-solving)
• Information (learning history and culture)
• Meditation (controlling emotions)
• Engagement (connecting with others)
Color Expression workshops are theme-based (not technique-based) and centered around discussion topics such as transformation, individuality, or diversity.
Projects explore and combine a variety of artistic media such as painting, poetry, paper crafts, drawing, music, design, photography, textiles and fashion. This mixed media approach engages diverse interests and emphasizes the explorative art-making process without the pressure to demonstrate a specialized art technique.